Saturday 9 April 2011

Soundtrack Review

Album Title: The Abduction Club (Soundtrack)
Composer: Shaun Davey
Year: 2002
I am really enjoying listening to this Soundtrack; it is just as I had hoped it would be. The music is composed by Shaun Davey, conducted by David Brophy and performed by the Irish Film Orchestra and it is absolutely lovely.  I find as I listen to many of the tracks I start remember sequences within the film where the music is playing, it’s wonderful :)
I had hoped that this soundtrack would be one I could play while I was sleeping or even trying to sleep however unfortunately some tracks are louder than others and give you quite a start as they follower one of the quieter tracks.
The soundtrack has a lovely Irish feel to it and the bagpipes in the background of the tracks give the music an extra dimension.
Of course I know soundtracks aren’t for everyone, so if you don’t enjoy them I would suggest you buying this one. However if you did enjoy the music when watching the movie you won’t be disappointed in the soundtrack.


Which soundtracks do you own? Which one in particular do you wish you had?

*for more information and photos of the CD booket etc check out my other post here

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'll start I own soundtracks for the films:

- Tristan & Isolde
- Gone with the Wind
- The Abduction Club

I would love to own the soundtrack to:
- North and South

:) Tristans_Isolde