Sunday 3 April 2011

Actor Profile; Daniel Lapaine

 NAME: Daniel Lapaine

BIRTHDATE: April 16, 1970, Australia

ABDUCTION CLUB CHARACTER: Garrett Byrne


When I watched The Abduction Club for the first time I immediately fell in love with Byrne, his dashing good looks and his accent. One of my guilty pleasures is accents; I decided I just had to find out where this ‘Daniel Lapaine’ guy came from and what other movies he is in so I could watch them. What I found really astonished me.


Daniel Lapaine was born in Sydney, Australia and starred in a number Australian films and TV series’. Most notably, Daniel starred in the Australian hit, “Muriel’s Wedding” before relocating to England. Daniel has also in several TV movies such as “Helen of Troy” (2003) and “Moonshot” (2009) where he portrays Neil Armstrong.
The bulk of Daniel’s acting work has been on TV series, a few of his credits include: “A Country Practice”, “The 10th Kingdom”, “Jane Hall”, and an episode of “Identity” and also an episode of “Poirot”.  

Currently, Daniel is married to English actress Fay Ripley and they have two children, a daughter Parker and a son named Sonny.

Unfortunately, as yet I have not seen any of Daniel’s films, since watching The Abduction Club.  As an Australian school kid, I was made to watch “Muriel’s wedding” in grade 10 but from what I can remember I didn’t enjoy it and I cannot remember much of Daniel's character. Hopefully in the future I will get the chance to see one of the other films/TV series’.

If you have seen Daniel in any something other than “The Abduction Club” I would love to know what you thought about it :)  

No comments: