Tuesday 19 July 2011

Connections: Films


By now I am sure that you all know how I love to link The Abduction Club to other films, actors and actress I love. Okay, well so far I have found Liam Cunningham in Northanger Abbey 2007, Sophia Myles is in Tristan + Isolde and Alice Evans is married to Ioan Gruffudd (who also happens to be Matthew Rhys' best friend). But I wanted to find some more links, so after a little bit of research here are some of my favourite movies I can tie in with The Abduction Club.


Pride & Prejudice (2005)

Three members of The Abduction Club crew were also a part of the crew team on this 2005 Jane Austen adaptation:

Katie Spencer
Katie was the Set Decorator on both The AC and Pride & Prejudice.

Sarah Greenwood
Sarah was Production Designer of The AC and Pride & Prejudice

Ian Ballie
Ian was one of the two Art Director's involved in The AC. He was the supervising Art Director of Pride & Prejudice.


Becoming Jane (2007)
Three members of The Abduction Club crew were also involved in this beautiful film

Gail Stevens
Gail was part of the Casting Department for The AC and The Casting Director for Becoming Jane (and also for Great Expectations (1999), Mansfield Park (1999) The Woodlanders (1997), The Prince and Me (2004) and the upcoming TV movie Treasure Island)

Tina Phelan
Tina was the makeup artist for the crowd in The AC and the makeup assistant in Becoming Jane

Caitriona Walsh
Caitriona was the orchestral conductor for The AC and the music booker for Becoming Jane


The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

One member of The Abduction Club crew was involved with the film adaptation of this classic Alexandre Dumas novel.

Tina Phelan

Tina (as stated above was the makeup artist for the crowd in The AC ) and was also the makeup artist for The Count of Monte Cristo

Bright Star (2009)

One of the producers of The Abduction Club was involved with this beautiful love story based on the life of poet John Keats.

François Ivernel

François was an Executive Producer of The AC and also Bright Star .











City of Ember (2008)

Okay so this is a little side step away from period dramas that I have listed above, but I love this movie :)

Gail Stevens

Who I have already listed above as being part of the Casting Department for The AC and The Casting Director for Becoming Jane is also the Casting Director for the film City of Ember.

1 comment:

Miss Laurie said...

Wow! What a lot of connections! This type of thing is right up my alley, although I haven't been as investigative about the crews of my favorite period films as I should be and instead focus on the actors.

I love City of Ember too! I think of it more as a fantasy period film similar to the film Stardust. There's a mystery and a great story and there are some actors in it that I definitely consider "period drama" actors!

~Miss Laurie :)